A pair of Oklahoma City-based companies have been selected as “Buzz of BIO” nominees for the 2014 Biotechnology Industry Organization annual convention. The annual convention, which draws companies, scientists and economic development professionals from around the world, is June 23-26 in San Diego.
Cytovance Biologics, Inc., is nominated in the Pipelines of Promise category, while Caisson Biotech, LLC. is nominated in the Technologies of Tomorrow category. Voting continues through Tuesday, and winners will be recognized at the BIO show.
Cytovance Biologics is a biopharmaceutical contract manufacturing company specializing in the production of therapeutic proteins and antibodies from both mammalian cell culture and microbial fermentation. Additionally, the company offers process development, cGMP cell banking and support services.
Three reason to vote for Cytovance:
1. Making a mark on biotech in Oklahoma City.
2. Incredible depth of scientific experience in a company of only 135 employees.
3. Cytovance is integral in converting today’s protein discoveries into future life-saving therapies.
Caisson Biotech has a patented heparosan-based drug delivery technology designed to improve the performance of drug compounds in terms of safety, tolerability, efficacy and quality. Caisson uses a novel, heparosan polymer that increases product half-life and stability and reduces immunogenicity.
Three reasons to vote for Caisson Biotech:
1. 2014 deal with Novo Nordisk ($167 M in milestone payments plus long-term residual royalties)
2. 2012 deal with Novo Nordisk ($100 M in milestone payments plus long-term residual royalties)
3. Technology opens new markets for existing drugs (re-tooling, drug enhancement & patent protection)
Click here to vote for the companies. Let’s get the vote out!