Journal Record to honor innovators Aug. 11
By Journal Record Staff
Copyright © 2016 The Journal Record
OKLAHOMA CITY (JR) – This year’s group of honorees for The Journal Record’s Innovator of the Year program demonstrates that Oklahoma’s pioneering spirit is still alive and well.
The companies, representing a variety of industries, will be recognized during the Innovator of the Year luncheon Aug. 11 in Oklahoma City. An overall winner will be announced at the event, which begins at 11:30 a.m. at the Embassy Suites Downtown Medical Center.
“Innovations in pharmaceuticals, software, health care, transportation, agriculture, aerospace, mobile apps, search engines … all of these and more are found in this year’s class of honorees for Innovator of the Year,” said Joni Brooks, president and publisher of The Journal Record. “Their ideas and implementation are amazing, and we’re proud to showcase their creative minds and spirits through this program. We also thank all the technology centers that are helping entrepreneurs succeed in bringing their ideas to fruition; Oklahoma is truly a leader in innovation.”
For the seventh consecutive year, a Creativity Award winner also will be recognized as part of the program.
Robin Smith, co-founder of WeGoLook, will be keynote speaker for this year’s event. Oklahoma City-based WeGoLook won the 2015 overall Innovator award for its custom inspection and tasking service that uses crowdsourcing technology to connect online shoppers with people who can inspect the items they are browsing online and send them a report, complete with photographs.
Sponsors of the 19th-annual Innovator of the Year event include BIS and Francis Tuttle Technology Center.
2016 Innovator of the Year honorees
• Biolytx Pharmaceuticals Corp., Oklahoma City
• BIS, Edmond
• Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Oklahoma, Tulsa
• Commuter Air Technology, Oklahoma City
• CrowdSeekr.com, Oklahoma City
• Driven Analytics Inc., Edmond
• Francis Tuttle Technology Center, Oklahoma City
• Haus Bioceuticals, Oklahoma City
• High Caliper Growing, Oklahoma City
• ICON HDT LLC, Edmond
• J. Thomas Construction LLC, Oklahoma City
• Job Pact, Tulsa
• Linear Health Sciences LLC, Norman
• MedEncentive, Oklahoma City
• Mobile tAPPestry LLC, Oklahoma City
• Monscierge Inc., Oklahoma City
• NextThought LLC, Norman
• Pioneer Library System in Partnership with Phase 2, Norman
• Spiers New Technologies, Oklahoma City
• University of Central Oklahoma Institute for Learning Environment Design, Edmond
• Verinovum, Tulsa
• Viatrax Automation Corp., Pryor
Profiles on all of the innovators will appear in the Innovator of the Year magazine to be inserted in the paper on Aug. 12.
Innovator of the Year
Aug. 11, 2016
Embassy Suites Downtown Medical Center, 741 N. Phillips Ave., Oklahoma City
Individual tickets are $75, and tables for 10 are $750.
Call Angie Anson at (405) 278-2820 or email email@example.com.
Read the story at the Journal Record. (Requires subscription.)