OCAST’s FY15 funding cycles for the Oklahoma Applied Research Support (OARS) and Intern Partnerships programs are now open. You may view the solicitations on the OCAST website at www.ok.gov/ocast/Funding/Solicitations/index.html, and applications for the programs are now available online through OKGrants at https://grants.ok.gov.
As an additional tool for applicants, the form that reviewers will use to evaluate each project has been posted on the Workshops page of the OCAST website.
Any PI who is interested in filling out an application must contact his or her research administrator in order to be granted access to the system. Applicants who have previously submitted OCAST applications through OKGrants do not need to re-register.
Although various user roles may be assigned to a project, there are a few important things to remember:
- Only a PI (OKGrants role: Authorized Official) may initiate an application.
- Research administrators (OKGrants role: Agency Administrator) will receive an e-mail when a PI begins an application.
- Either the PI or research administrator may submit an application, but the research administrator’s certification page must be the last page edited; PIs may not make any changes after their research admin has clicked the I Agree button on the Project Assurances page.
- An application is not submitted until the status of the project is changed to Application Submitted. Simply filling out and saving all of the required forms does not submit the application for funding consideration.
- PIs and research administrators will receive an e-mail when an application is successfully submitted. Applicants may also check the status of their initiated applications from the My Applications menu on the OKGrants homepage. When in doubt as to whether an application has been submitted successfully, please contact me for confirmation.
Statements of intent are not required and applications for both programs are due Wednesday, March 4, at 5 p.m. User manuals are available for download by clicking the My Training Materials link at the top right of the OKGrants screens.
If you have any questions, contact: