Business Development Manager and Venture Advisor
To apply, send cover letter with resume to [email protected] by May 23, 2018. Subject line: “Last Name” for VA position
The Business Development Manager/Venture Advisor works extensively with executive management teams of scalable, growth oriented, early stage technology-based companies, within Oklahoma, in support of the company’s overall business commercialization efforts. This position will be focused on early stage companies with a focus on Software/Information Technology industry and will divide time between providing advisory services to targeted industry companies and actively engaging in outreach and business development activities in the local markets to identify and provide initial vetting prior to i2E engagement.
Key advisory services to Software/IT industry clients include analysis of product/market fit, market assessments, evaluation of business strategies, development of business plans, competitor analysis, technology development plans, building evaluating financial requirements and business drivers, preparation of investor presentations, and facilitating access to the early stage investors. . The position serves as a major advocate for each company client, and needs to be able to effectively function within an Advisory Board member role to client companies.
This position reports to the Senior Vice President Client Services, but also interacts closely in a collaborative team environment with all other Venture Advisors, the Executive Management Team within i2E, and the client company. The position serves a key role in developing and growing Oklahoma’s technology-based, high growth economy. The individual needs to be passionate about growing Oklahoma’s entrepreneurial economy.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Venture Advisory Services:
- Provides direct one-on-one consulting services to entrepreneurs, researchers and/or early stage client companies in the Software/IT industry, particularly the functional areas of strategic planning, market assessment, pricing policy, financial analysis, development of Business Plans, preparation of investor presentations, analysis of private equity offerings, capital strategies, and accessing the private equity capital markets, both Angel and Venture Capital.
- Prepares an array of client investment analysis, which includes positioning clients for funding, coordinates the due diligence process with underwriting, communicates investment opportunities to i2E internal management, coordinates review of investment structuring with underwriting, prepares overall investment (deal) assessments, and presents final investment opportunities to the appropriate i2E Investment Committee.
- Continually monitors ongoing commercialization progress of client companies in order to proactively provide necessary services to enhance and accelerate the client’s commercialization progress, advancement through a capital path, and overall business growth.
- Maintains a client database (CRM) containing critical information on client commercialization activities, documents all capital investment, and client reporting, including submission of financials, annual survey, etc.
- Proactively markets i2E services through established channels, as well as developing new market channels to create brand or service awareness in order to grow the number of new clients. Directly contributes to securing new client engagements in respective geographic markets.
- Builds productive working relationships with trade associations, specialty affinity groups, universities, industry, and private research laboratories or other centers of innovation to proactively increase client utilization of i2E services.
- Works closely with all i2E Staff and the executive management as an advocate for i2E, its mission, programs and its clients.
Successful candidate must have a Bachelor degree in business administration, finance or entrepreneurship, or a technical field such as computer science or engineering supplemented by applicable work experience. A minimum of three years of business experience required, with a preference for relevant work experience within or around the Software/IT industry.
Demonstrated ability to embrace a collaborative team-based organizational approach, a strong work ethic, excellent mentoring/coaching skills, strong persuasive skills, ability to multi-task across a range of tasks, be a highly motivated self-starter, be creative or innovative, and have both strong verbal and written communication skills.
The successful candidate will also have:
- Experience and ability to lead business development efforts, initiate external discussions and client development activities and present the i2E offerings to groups regionally.
- Ability to develop and evaluate business plans and/or new product marketing introductions.
- Strong interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to work within a team environment.
- Ability to analyze and interpret financial statements.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Solid project management skills.