About the Program
REU awards provide funding that allows undergraduate students from institutions across the state to perform research at Oklahoma’s comprehensive research campuses (OU, OSU, TU, SRNF) during the summer months. Students benefit from hands-on research experiences in STEM fields and one-on-one guidance from faculty mentors through the program.
Types of Research Funded
- Award preference will be given to research in the field of CLIMATE VARIABILITY
- Areas of STEM research other than climate variability will be considered
- Medical research does not qualify for funding
- Current NSF REU grant funding is NOT required
- Maximum allowable budget is $5,000
- Budget must be used for the benefit of the student’s research (i.e., stipend, lab supplies, IDC, etc.)
How to Apply: Deadline Feb. 1
Applications must be routed through the appropriate institutional grants office (i.e., by the office at the institution processing the grant award).
Submit the following items via email to [email protected]:
- Completed cover page form
- Brief description of the research project (2 pages max.); include a statement outlining how the research experience will benefit the student researcher and why the student is well-suited for participation.
- Budget summary (i.e., student stipend, total lab supplies, IDC, etc.)
- Letter of commitment from the student researcher
- Biographical sketch or CV of the faculty mentor (2 pages max.)
Submission Deadline: 2/1/2016
Funding Decision Announcements: 3/1/16
Download the necessary cover page form here
Contact Gina Miller, outreach coordinator, at 405.744.7645 or [email protected]
See Announcement and Form here: