Send resumes to resumes@i2E.org
The Staff Accountant assists with a variety of accounting and financial reporting functions of the organization. This position reports directly to the Director of Finance and works closely with other company staff to provide accounting and financial support services to the organization. i2E, Inc. is a multi-entity corporation consisting of for-profit and non-profit entities. This position is a part-time position working up to 20 hours per week.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists Director of Finance in the preparation of monthly and quarterly financial statements with budget comparisons.
- Responsible for preparing numerous accounting reports, both routine and ad hoc for individual or consolidated corporate entities for distribution to internal and external parties.
- Codes and records cash receipts transactions and reconciles account receivable balances at month end.
- Prepares monthly invoices to government agencies for reimbursement.
- Responsible for preparing and entering general journal entries of basic to mid-level complexity on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis.
- Assists in preparing and submitting audit work papers to i2E auditors as required.
- Assists in preparing tax return work papers.
- Responsible for archiving financial statements and other financial accounting documents in compliance with i2E Accounting Policies.
- Assists Director of Finance with other accounting and financial duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will have a strong work ethic, excellent analytical and quantitative judgment and strong communication skills. Preferably three or more years of experience in business with the ability to work with all levels of professionals. Candidate must be familiar with QuickBooks software, Excel and Word. Working knowledge of other financial accounting software is a plus. The Staff Accountant:
- Is deliverable and deadline-oriented.
- Possesses strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to work with a high degree of independence
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills with an ability to work within a team environment.
- Exhibits an extremely high level of personal motivation and desire to succeed.
The Staff Accountant should have a Bachelors degree in accounting or business administration, or equivalent business experience and 3 years of accounting experience. The Staff Accountant should have experience in working in a team environment and have a high level of written and oral communication skills.
i2E is a 501(c)(3) private not-for-profit corporation focused on wealth creation by growing the technology-based entrepreneurial economy in Oklahoma. It is the policy of i2E, Inc. to provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified individuals without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law, in all personnel actions.