- This event has passed.
Governor’s Council For Workforce Development
October 1, 2010 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
The Governor’s Council for Workforce and Economic Development (GCWED), comprised of 50 leaders from business, education, economic development, labor, non-profit organizations and government, recommends policies to expand and improve Oklahoma’s workforce, promote a knowledge-worker economy, and make the state more competitive globally.
Governor’s Council Objectives
Make education and training more responsive to employer needs
- Identify employer skills gaps and expand training to fill them.
- Get Career Readiness into more high schools.
- Expand up-skill training for existing workers.
Expand Oklahoma’s workforce.
- Pilot regional outreach efforts to nonworking adults.
- Expand Project Boomerang
Increase high school graduation rates.
- Expand guidance, coaching and early intervention efforts.
- Expand dual enrollment in high school, college and CareerTech.